A privately owned Grade II listed Georgian building, dating back to the 19th century, nestled in the Teesdale countryside. Although the house is not generally open to the public, it’s available for hire and is ideal for large group accommodation.
A stay at the Hall is perfect for big groups of friends and families looking to celebrate a special occasion: from wedding anniversaries to birthdays, yoga retreats or Christmas gatherings. Hire this stately home for any large group celebrations, or simply for a relaxing holiday to unwind in an idyllic, luxurious location.
The walled gardens are open to the visitors throughout the year whilst the Coach House cafe and tea shop are open daily from early February until Christmas.
At a Glance
– Spacious Grade II listed stately home that sleeps 20 guests –
– Nine bedrooms, each individually decorated in a traditional and unique style. –
– 8 bathrooms, seven with bath and overhead shower, and one wet room –
– Stunning sitting rooms with river views & open fireplaces –
– Billiard room with surround sound music system –
– Self catering (although we can recommend our caterers) –
– Garden games (boules/croquet) as well as table tennis & table football –
– Swimming in the river for the brave! –
– Haven for outdoor enthusiasts with an abundance of hiking and cycling routes –
– WiFi throughout Eggleston Hall –
– Dog friendly (by prior arrangement) –
– Just 2.5 hours from London by train –
History of Eggleston Hall
Bought by the Gray family in 1918 as a present for Sir William’s Gray’s son returning safely from WW1, there has been a house at the site since the 16th century. The Hall has not just been a family home: Eggleston has operated as a finishing school, a home for convalescing officers during WW2, and was the location for ITV’s Ladette to Lady for four series.
We had a wonderful stay and I have recommended the place to friends and family.
We wanted you to know how much we all enjoyed our stay at Eggleston Hall last week. It is a beautiful house in an amazing location . Those views must be some of the best in the county, if not the country. The Hall provided a very grand, spacious, but comfortable, setting for a three generations family get together. The large well equipped kitchen, the generous dining room, the billiards room, the table tennis and swimming in the river were particularly appreciated - along with the proximity of the tearoom and gardens. The dogs had a great time too.
We couldn't have chosen a better place to spend a long weekend with the family and we are definitely going to try and organise another in the not too distant future.