The walled garden (under separate ownership – www.egglestonhallgardens.co.uk) specialises in rare and unusual species with an emphasis on hardy herbaceous stock, which thrive in the climate of the northern dales. The surrounding wall is home to a variety of fruit trees and an alphabetical apple walk has recently been planted. The ruins of the old village church can be visited with some fine stone carving.
The paths are mainly gravel but wheelchair visitors are very welcome. Dogs on leads can also enter the gardens.
There is a large sales area as well as wonderful borders, glasshouses and mature trees.
Garden Opening Hours: the walled garden is open daily except Christmas, Boxing & New Year’s Day.
Please note the Café has different opening hours to the Gardens – see below for Café opening times
Adults – £2.50
Under 18s – free
CAFÉ OPENING TIMES:
Our Current Opening Times:
Wednesday – Sunday 10am with last orders at 3.30pm. We are currently closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. This will be reviewed as we receive further information about Stage 4 of the Covid Roadmap.
17th May Update:
Inside Tables are available but, due to following the social distancing guidelines, we have had to reduce from 15 tables down to 7.
Please also be aware of current regulations that are been enforced on hospitality businesses by the Government & Durham County Council
- 6 people from any household can meet outdoors or indoors; or, 2 households of any number can meet outdoors and indoors
- Masks must be worn at ALL times unless you are seated at your table.
- EVERYONE visiting the café over the age of 16 MUST use the NHS app to sign in or complete our manual version. Failure to do so will result in us not been able to serve you.
- Social distancing and one way systems must be observed.
- Due to the size of the establishment, we are trying to limit contact as much as we can between our team and customers. Therefore, since we are not serving alcohol, we are allowed to request that customers order from the counter.
The Coach House Café & Giftshop is set within the beautiful grounds of Eggleston Hall alongside the prestigious Eggleston Hall Gardens.
The menu now comprises breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and all day treats. (Afternoon tea requires pre-booking 24 hours in advance). Products are locally sourced wherever possible. Dietary requirements are catered for, but if you have specific requirements that you wish to discuss prior to visiting, please feel free to give us a call.
There is also a wide offering of specialty teas and coffees to accompany our freshly made scones and homemade cakes.
Coach parties and private parties are catered for. Please do not hesitate to contact us and discuss your specific requirements.